Switzerland, a country renowned for its security and stability, provides a healthy environment for your child. Situated on a sunny alpine plateau, La Garenne offers an education in spectacular surroundings. Directors monitor on-site CCTV and access to areas of the campus is controlled using wristbands. With a staff to child ratio of 1:2, the dedicated team is able to maintain a positive and light touch as the children safely go about their daily activities.
Our staff, including house parents responsible for boarders, is well trained to provide the stability and care that children receive at home with their own parents. We ensure that each child feels valued and receives individual attention.
A Health Package is available, based on the personal assessment of each child by a naturopathic specialist. Natural medicines, vitamins and oils are prescribed accordingly, to reinforce the immune system and improve general wellbeing. An osteopath gives a Chinese massage or other osteopathy session termly.
• A personal assessment each term by a naturopathic specialist, Dr. Margit Hartwig. • Natural medicines, vitamins and oil prescribed according to individual needs. • A Chinese massage or other session each term from Delphine Vandendriessche, an osteopath and massage specialist, as recommended by Dr. Hartwig.
Health Package Includes:
• A personal assessment each term by a naturopathic specialist, Dr. Margit Hartwig.
• Natural medicines, vitamins and oil prescribed according to individual needs.
• A Chinese massage or other session each term from Delphine Vandendriessche, an osteopath and massage specialist, as recommended by Dr. Hartwig.
The health of your child is of uppermost importance to us all. Consequently the school has adopted a life model comprising 4 pillars to ensure the daily wellbeing of your child:
- A balanced diet
- Plenty of sleep
- A variety of daily sports activities
- A healthy mind
We have chosen the ELDORA group (food specialists providing balanced meals for schools and associations) to take care of all school meals. They are committed to:
- Providing a varied and balanced menu
- Using local products of high quality
- Guaranteeing the highest levels of food production, hygiene, preparation and storage
We ensure that boarding children sleep between nine to ten hours per night, in modern and comfortable rooms.
Sports activities are daily and varied. Further information may be viewed at this link.
A school health advisor is responsible for the health and wellbeing of each child. She is responsible for:
- Making appointments
- Accompanying children to the doctor
- Monitoring and administering treatment and medication
- Monitoring each child’s growth (height/weight)
- Updating allergy reports and arranging special dietary requirements
- Updating and archiving medical reports, and disseminating appropriate information to colleagues
Staff members are trained each year in First Aid (BLS/AED).
Practices and procedures on and off campus are carefully designed to minimise risk.
School emergency procedures are well displayed around the school and rehearsed.
La Garenne School is equipped with the latest safety and safe-play equipment. All school buildings have a defibrillator.
Switzerland is renowned for its excellent medical training and hospitals utilise the latest technologies, guaranteeing quality care that is recognised throughout the world. Given our close proximity to the local doctor, we are able to care for a child promptly as soon as the first symptoms of illness appear.
The school benefits from a wide network of health specialists (orthodontists, dermatologists, ophthalmologists and psychologists), helping us provide the best possible care for your child.
The paediatric department at Aigle hospital is ten km from school and the university hospital of Lausanne (CHUV) is forty minutes away.